Instagram is all about aesthetics. You need to think about how you will build a cohesive brand image to present your company in the most effective way. And this starts with what the content you are posting looks like.
There are 3 main sizes of Instagram posts; Landscape, Square and Portrait. None of these are better than the other, it depends on your content, however it is worth noting that Portrait takes up the most real estate on mobile devices (the vast majority of users are on mobile devices), followed by Square.
Ideally you want your post to evoke an emotional response in one way or another. According to AdEspresso, there are a few things to keep in mind as far as the aesthetics of your post (remember that these are not rules, think of them more as guidelines that can be broken if there is good reason):
- People generally prefer images that have a background over those that have no or very little background.
- People generally prefer images portraying texture over those that are smooth.
- People generally prefer images with a single dominant color and are more likely to engage with the post.
- People generally prefer bluer images over redder images and lighter images over darker ones.
People are bombarded by ads on a regular basis and are less likely to engage in overt advertisements, that’s not to say you can’t make overt ads, just pay attention to how often you post them. Instead try some of these other ideas:
- Share an experience – Show an image that outlines a specific experience you or one of you customers had with your product or service. GoPro is a great example
- Behind the scenes – Give some insight into the happenings of your business on the inside, or the people who make it happen
- Creative ways to use your product or service. Apple uses the #ShotoniPhone to show how people use their product creatively
- Competitions, contests and giveaways – These can be a great way to increase engagement
- User generated content – Repost content related to your business that is made by your customers
- DIY/ educational videos – share your expertise
- References to current trends/ events
Your images or videos should pop and catch people’s attention. The goal is to make people stop scrolling and engage. With the mass amounts of content being flooded into Instagram on a daily basis, what can you do to grab the attention of users?
Direct Placement, LLC is a digital marketing agency dedicated to shaping our advertising efforts to best fit your company’s needs. We are a Google Premier Partner and Bing Ads Accredited Company that specializes in a number of digital advertising formats. From our trademarked flat-rate SEM marketing service to social media marketing and even directory profile creation, we have a number of services that we can use to help your company thrive. Contact Direct Placement, LLC to learn more about how we can start transforming your business one click at a time! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Blogger for more regular marketing content.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.