There is a difference between being busy and being productive. Todd Duncan illustrates why you should ditch the pointless pursuit of time management and instead focus on the more productive method of task management. Throughout the book Duncan explores eight different time traps that many of us tend to fall into. Time Traps shines a light on not only how and why we fall into these traps but how to avoid and get yourself out of them. The identity trap, organization trap, yes trap, control trap, technology trap, quota trap, failure trap and party trap are common pitfalls we’ve all experienced at some point in our career. Each chapter goes deeper to explore each trap giving you insights into what they are, how easy it is to fall into them, and most importantly, a way to free yourself from them. Stop wasting time on unnecessary tasks and spend your time where it counts.
YOU WILL NEVER FORGET:
- The 8 different time traps we get caught up in
- The best defense against time traps is education and avoidance
- How recapture your identity
- The four steps to build you “dam”
- Accumulation, admission, action and assessment
- The difference between unnecessary, necessary and productive tasks
- The four different categories of customers you’ll encounter
- You cannot manage time, you can only manage tasks
Following the easy and practical steps to free yourself of your time traps will give you a new lease on life. Learn to manage tasks in a way that will not only improve your work performance but will also leave you with more time to do the things that matter. You’re more than your job and this book will help you realize that.
Read Time: 6-7 hours
Pages: 196 pages
Genre: Self-help/ time management Reviewed By: Emma Nicassio
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.